“Keep Our Air Clean” Student Art Contest
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center (NCCETC) has officially launched the 3rd Annual “Keep Our Air Clean” Student Art Contest, where students in North Carolina from kindergarten through high school can submit their artwork for a chance to be featured on billboards across the state.
Artwork should focus on actions that people can take to reduce air pollution from vehicles and help keep our air clean. Examples include walking, biking, using public transportation, carpooling, using electric vehicles or biofuels, and more. Please make artwork family-friendly, non-partisan and non-copyrighted. You can learn about the alternatives at Clean Transportation or Fuel What Matters.
See last year’s winners at Winners announced for the “Keep Our Air Clean” Student Art Contest and Student Art Contest Winners Share Their Story. Art submissions will be accepted through Sunday, April 19, 2020. Public voting will begin on Monday, April 20 and last through Sunday, April 26 – stay tuned for a link to vote once all submissions are received!
The winner will be chosen based on:
- Relevance and appropriateness of the message
- Visual design
- Public votes on our Facebook account
Artwork in a more horizontal rectangular shape (about the shape of a billboard) is recommended. Recommended dimensions:
- 400h x 1400w pixels at 72 ppi in RGB mode
- 400h x 840w pixels at 72 ppi
- Save as JPG, PNG or BMP at maximum quality
- Note: Text may be added on final billboards with the “Keep Our Air Clean” tagline.
Artists who are over 18 or parents/legal guardians submitting on behalf of their children can submit artwork – you are agreeing to the legal terms below. Teachers submitting artwork on behalf of their students must return a signed permission form.
By submitting this photograph, image, graphic, or video (collectively the “work”) you hereby agree to the following:
- You certify and warrant that you are the legal guardian of the minor who is submitting the artwork or are the artist and are legally an adult.
- You certify and warrant that the work is your work or your child’s own original creative work and does not violate or infringe the copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of others.
- You retain all copyright and equivalent rights but grant permission for NC State University to use, reproduce, distribute, and/or release the work to the public in any manner and in any medium without payment of any fee, and in perpetuity.
- North Carolina State University reserves the right to use contestants’ names and works for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes, including website or exhibition of winning entries. You understand that the works will be shared with reporters covering these awards and for promotion of the competition itself. You hereby give North Carolina State University nonexclusive rights to use yours or your child’s name, likenesses, quotes and submissions for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes. This includes but is not limited to website display, print materials, and exhibits.
- You hereby agree to indemnify NC State University, its trustees, officers, agents, and employees, from any and all claims, demands, and liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) incurred as a result of a final judgment or settlement or any claim or legal proceeding arising out of or resulting from a breach or claimed breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.