North Central District 4-H Fashion Revue
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The North Central District 4-H Fashion Revue competition will be held in-person at District Activity Day at A&T University on June 24th. Youth will also be expected to participate in a virtual interview via Zoom on June 20th.
Who may participate?
Each county may send their three top winners in the age divisions of 8-13 and 14-18 to this competition. However, each county may send as many Cloverbud participants as they please.
Guidelines and Other Needed Information:
1. Entry forms and garments are due via Google Form by June 9th, 2023. Drop-off locations for garments will be Alleghany, Forsyth, and Yadkin Counties.
2. All entry forms must be accompanied with 2 full-length photos of the 4-H’er in the garment(s) that they have sewn. One photo must be facing the camera and the other one with their back to the camera. This is the only time the judge will be able to judge fit, so keep that in mind.
3. The entry or entries do not have to be a full outfit, but they must be something the participant can wear and model such as a dress, skirt and a blouse, pajama pants, apron, shorts, etc. They are being judged on fit, so purses, pillows, blankets, etc. will not be accepted for this competition.
4. 4-H’ers must be present at District Activity Day at A&T University in order to participate in the Fashion Revue.
5. Interviews will be held virtually on June 20th via Zoom. 4-H’ers will be expected to answer questions about their garment that they created while judges review the pictures sent of the piece. If there is a conflict with that date for the 4-H’er, please let Madaline Jones know and we can work around it. Interview dates will be sent out on June 12th along with Zoom information.
6. Youth must pick up their garment(s) on June 24th (time and location will be given closer to time).
Garments will be judged by the following:
● Seams and seam finishing
● Overall appearance
1) Youth will be awarded 1st- 3rd places in the age groups of 8-13 and 14-18. All other participants will receive a participation certificate.
2) 1st place winners will receive a gift card. 2nd
-3rd winners will receive gift cards as well.3) Each Cloverbud will receive a small gift to help them in furthering their sewing skills.
If there are questions regarding this process, please email Madaline Jones at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Yadkin County Center at 336-849-7908.